Jutland! Space times.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jutland! Space times.

Do stuff in space.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumour: "Some say the bird isn't actually a pilot."
Episode 4 is Today
RUMOUR: "Speaking of feathers, there's been a sudden increase in the amount of feather pillows available. Weird"
Rumour: I hear Cortez has the penguin's sidearm stashed away somewhere.

Rules and Regulations of the UEDF

Go down 
+5
Grif
Admin
The End
Decibelle
CosmicCommander
9 posters
AuthorMessage
CosmicCommander
Narrative Development Administrator
CosmicCommander

Rules and Regulations of the UEDF Empty
PostSubject: Rules and Regulations of the UEDF   Rules and Regulations of the UEDF I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 10:59 am

((Although I really don't see why the fuck I've got to explain this shit, I suppose some people can't remember this is a military vessel. Whoever first assumed that these regs didn't exist? Yeah, you're wrong, and everyone should ignore whatever they say hereonin.))

Rules and Regulations of the UEDF 2gNvo

UEN & UEMC VARIATION

BANNED SUBSTANCES

-TOBACCO
-ALCOHOL
-NARCOTICS
-"LEGAL HIGHS"
-UNAUTHORISED MEDICATION
-FLAMMABLE COMPOUNDS
-DOMESTIC ELECTRONIC DEVICES

Any bringing aboard of these compounds onto the ship will result in a Court Martial with a likely dishonourable discharge and possible imprisonment of up to twelve months (may be cumulative).

BANNED BEHAVIOUR

-FRATERNISATION
-VIOLENCE TOWARDS ANY CREW MEMBER
-THREATS TOWARDS ANY CREW MEMBER
-INTOLERANCE
-ANY CRIMINAL BEHAVIOUR UNDER CIVILIAN LAW
-ATTEMPTS TO DISTRIBUTE BANNED SUBSTANCES

Engaging in any of this behaviour will result in a Court Martial with a definite result of dishonourable discharge and an imprisonment with a minimum sentence of at least six months, with any activities that are under the jurisdiction of civilian law being forwarded to the relevant prosecution services.

ETIQUETTE

-ALL PERSONNEL WHO DO NOT WORK ON THE BRIDGE ARE TO REQUEST THE HIGHEST OFFICER ON THE DECK FOR ENTRY BEFORE DOING SO
-ALL PERSONNEL ARE EXPECTED TO SALUTE TOWARDS ANY OFFICER BEFORE ANY CONVERSATION
-ALL PERSONNEL ARE EXPECTED TO ASSEMBLE FOR INSPECTION WITHIN 240 SECONDS OF THE CALL BEING MADE
-WHEN IN TIMES OF SIGNIFICANT DURESS, IT IS EXPECTED ALL PERSONNEL WILL ENSURE THEY FOLLOW THE EXACT ORDERS OF THE HIGHEST RANKING OFFICER ON DECK
Back to top Go down
Decibelle
Petty Officer Second Class
Decibelle

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Regulations of the UEDF   Rules and Regulations of the UEDF I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 1:17 pm

(( Just a suggestion: Fraternisation is forbidden, unless they're the same rank. Isn't that how it works in the Navy right now? ))
Back to top Go down
The End
The End

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Regulations of the UEDF   Rules and Regulations of the UEDF I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 1:47 pm

(( Also a suggestion, I can't promise this is 100% accurate, but I believe that you are not required to salute members of a different military branch, but may out of respect. For example, navy crewmen wouldn't need to salute marine officers and vice versa. However, a marine would still likely salute the ship captain.

Also, to touch on Dec's comment, fraternization is typically a violation when it comes between officers and enlisted troops. But there are more minor violations in certain situations, which typically are issued if there's a feeling of possible partiality, chain of command being compromised, or will generally cause problems. Once again, I can't promise that is 100% accurate, but that's what I picked up on from discussions with RL friends who are in the military and basic internet information.))
Back to top Go down
Cosmic

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Regulations of the UEDF   Rules and Regulations of the UEDF I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 3:45 pm

((Just to let you all know, the regs were always in place in this form. There's never been any change.))
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Regulations of the UEDF   Rules and Regulations of the UEDF I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 10:06 pm

((Okay, let David explain things to everybody. No, you have to salute officers of other military branches despite them being on a different chain of command. They are still in the United States Military; they're not the enemy, or something. They're outside of your branch and chain of command, but they are still officers of the United States. They need to do this.

Fraternization is completely disallowed between all officers and enlisted. It is allowed outside of chains of command; for example, the head of engineering cannot engage in sexual intercourse with an engineer, but a medical Petty Officer could. This is what both the UCMJ and the Man-At-Arms' handbook states.

ARTICLE 1165.—
Fraternization. Personal relationships between officer and enlisted members that are unduly familiar and that do not respect differences in grade or rank are prohibited. Such relationships are prejudicial to good order and discipline and violate long-standing traditions of the naval service.
When prejudicial to good order and discipline or of a nature to bring discredit on the naval service,personal relationships between officer members or between enlisted members that are unduly familiar and that do not respect differences in grade or rank are prohibited. Prejudice to good order and discipline or
discredit to the naval service may result from, but are not limited to circumstances which:
Call into a question a senior’s objectivity
Result in actual or apparent preferential treatment
Undermine the authority of a senior; or
Compromise the chain of command))

Last edited by Admin on Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://jutland.forumotion.com
Grif
Petty Officer Third Class
Grif

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Regulations of the UEDF   Rules and Regulations of the UEDF I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 10:15 pm

((Thank you for the clarification.))
Back to top Go down
Zombiedude101

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Regulations of the UEDF   Rules and Regulations of the UEDF I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 6:52 am

((And just a curiosity, why were Tobacco and Alcohol banned? They were allowed before))
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Regulations of the UEDF   Rules and Regulations of the UEDF I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 7:24 am

((No, they weren't. Canonically, they never were-UEN regulation states that on active vessels of the size of the Jutland, smoking is disallowed due to the risk of the air recyclers being overworked. Alcohol is simple; the Jutland runs on a relatively small crew, for its mission. It needs every single crew member on alert at all times-if a guy is asleep, you can wake him up and tell him to fix the neutron core. If he's drunk? Not so much. If a Captain wants to allow the consumption of tobacco and alcohol on the ship, that is their ability; but, until it is officially stated that it's allowed by the Captain in an actual notice to the head of security(Not just "Yeah the Captain totally told me it's cool for me to inject heroine into my eyeballs seriously"), UEN regulation rules.))
Back to top Go down
https://jutland.forumotion.com
CosmicCommander
Narrative Development Administrator
CosmicCommander

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Regulations of the UEDF   Rules and Regulations of the UEDF I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:41 am

((IC, there was NEVER any order to stop the regulations on alcohol and smokes. It's just that some fucking dumb-shits decided "HURR DURR WE CAN SMOKE AND DRINK BY DEFAULT GUIS" -- hence, they assumed the reassertion of the original ban was not in the regs. In short, you're all idiots. Kthxbai))
Back to top Go down
Spartan 5150

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Regulations of the UEDF   Rules and Regulations of the UEDF I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:03 am

I will get the Twenty four page UCMJ up here on the forums in a readable format.
Back to top Go down
2nd Object
2nd Object

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Regulations of the UEDF   Rules and Regulations of the UEDF I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:08 am

Spartan 5150 wrote:
I will get the Twenty four page UCMJ up here on the forums in a readable format.

I know we're all itchin' to read that.
Back to top Go down
Themodtester
Themodtester

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Regulations of the UEDF   Rules and Regulations of the UEDF I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:27 am

2nd Object wrote:
Spartan 5150 wrote:

I know we're all itchin' to read that.
Oh man all those rules!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Regulations of the UEDF   Rules and Regulations of the UEDF I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rules and Regulations of the UEDF
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jutland! Space times. :: Jutland :: Information Panel-
Jump to: