Jutland! Space times.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jutland! Space times.

Do stuff in space.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumour: "Some say the bird isn't actually a pilot."
Episode 4 is Today
RUMOUR: "Speaking of feathers, there's been a sudden increase in the amount of feather pillows available. Weird"
Rumour: I hear Cortez has the penguin's sidearm stashed away somewhere.

Character Backstories and such.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Choco McShreddy
Petty Officer Third Class
Choco McShreddy

Character Backstories and such. Empty
PostSubject: Character Backstories and such.   Character Backstories and such. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:45 am

IN HERE YOU POST IC BITS AND BOBS TO YOU CHARACTER'S BACKGROUND IN AS MUCH DETAIL YOU WANT.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richard James Alexander McCullough.
21st September 2154.
Manchester, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
New British Empire.

Thirty-three years old as of UEN Jutland's mission.
Petty Officer, First Class.
Navigational Officer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richard was born into a family deep within military tradition in the heart of the city of Manchester. His upbringing amongst a family of wealthy estate equipped Richard with the very best of education and tutelage from an early age.

As a child, he would enjoy reading of twentieth-century history, from time before man could fly amongst the stars. He thought of tales of battles such as Gettysburg and Bunker Hill to be epic moments from history, from an ancient time where man was a much more naive and smaller species. His appreciation of history and the journey of humanity from much smaller roots took Richard to university at the age of 18, where he obtained a Bachelor's Degree from the University of Manchester in History. However his family heritage of military service put pressure on Richard from the beginning, and despite several attempts to rebel against his father's wishes for him to enlist at the Britannia Royal Naval College in Dartmouth, he soon gave in to his father's wishes and studied navigation and communiations.

Richard's father offered to make it easy for him, since his older brother had already graduated from RMA Sandhurst and his younger brother was beginning his application towards the United Earth Defence Force, however Richard declined the offer, saying it is better to be bad at a job that would realistically be difficult for him, rather than sail through wish ease from family perks.

At the age of 25, his training had taken him to a commission as a navigational technician aboard the training ship HMS Alexandria. This low-orbit battleship was designed for training cadets and officers in a practical chain of command aboard a space-faring vessel, and was also equipped to act as a territorial defence ship in event of a breach of the Lunar orbit by enemy fleets. As per UEN regulations, all extra-planetary defence tasks were to be undertaken by the UEN fleet only, fleets belonging to regional "home countries" on Earth would only be assigned training purposes and planetary defence in times of war which were active at the time of various Cretin incursions into the Sol System.

After completion of his year-long training commission aboard the Alexandria, Richard returned to Manchester to take a period of absence from his training. He had completed his assignment with stellar marks from his commanding officer, and received several recommendations from within the Royal Navy's command structure, this gaining the attention of several of the top brass at the United Earth Defence Force. Whilst at Manchester, Richard spent his time pursuing his love of history by collecting and maintaining a series of historical aircraft. He worked voluntarily for the charities keeping maintenance of several British Museum Ships such as the carrier HMS Illustrious where he stored his vintage aircraft.

In 2181, at the age of 27, Richard was recalled to the Britannia Academy to receive a formal offer from General Anthony Thomas, representative of the New British Empire to the UEDF. At a time when pride for the Empire was at an all-time high, Richard accepted the offer to represent the Empire amongst the United Earth effort and began another training commission, this time as a senior navigational officer aboard the Malta-class reconnaissance ship, the UEN Dauntless. This post was to give him experience for a post aboard the UEN Jutland during it's fateful voyage. Whilst the battle of Duskstar was underway, the UEN was brimming with cadets and applicants all willing to serve some sort of purpose for humanity's defence, however the fleet did not have enough open positions amongst all ships. Richard was considered especially lucky to have snagged the role without any proper naval experience. He served in this role until 2185. Gaining combat experience, as well as experience of command.

In 2186, Richard returned to Manchester once more to say farewell to his family before embarking upon the UEN Jutland's voyage to Fate. Present day, Richard now serves as head of Navigations aboard the ship, attempting to fervently configure a route home.

An image dated January 2180, a 26-year old Richard McCullough stands aboard his pride-and-joy, a Supermarine Spitfire Mk Vb aboard the museum ship HMS Illustrious.

Character Backstories and such. KNXlX
Back to top Go down
vedicardi
Petty Officer Second Class

PostSubject: Re: Character Backstories and such.   Character Backstories and such. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:40 am

shouldn't characters have their own individual threads
Back to top Go down
CosmicCommander
Narrative Development Administrator
CosmicCommander

PostSubject: Re: Character Backstories and such.   Character Backstories and such. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:09 am

Meh, there's no rule-set. This serves as a convenient way to chat and critique ideas.
Back to top Go down
vedicardi

PostSubject: Re: Character Backstories and such.   Character Backstories and such. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 7:41 pm

It'd be nice to have a database through linked posts in the OP, that would be one way this could be useful as a singular thread, but whatever
Back to top Go down
Choco McShreddy
Petty Officer Third Class
Choco McShreddy

PostSubject: Re: Character Backstories and such.   Character Backstories and such. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 9:09 am

Would be too fussy. I think I'd rather just people post their own stuff.
Back to top Go down
vedicardi

PostSubject: Re: Character Backstories and such.   Character Backstories and such. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 9:18 am

whatever you say lazy fuckin shitbird
jk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Backstories and such.   Character Backstories and such. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Backstories and such.
Page 1 of 1