Jutland! Space times.

Do stuff in space.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Rumour: "Some say the bird isn't actually a pilot."
Episode 4 is Today
RUMOUR: "Speaking of feathers, there's been a sudden increase in the amount of feather pillows available. Weird"
Rumour: I hear Cortez has the penguin's sidearm stashed away somewhere.

Share | 

Propaganda

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CosmicCommander
Narrative Development Administrator

PostSubject: Propaganda   Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:09 pm

Here's a selection of posters that are going to appear throughout the ship. I know, I'm amazing. This is also definitely not plagiarised. Uh-huh. Oh no. Anyone who says that is a Cretin spy.

I think is the best of the batch, myself. The colour scheme is nice and simple, and the entire thing is very distinctive. The artwork corresponds well with the message, too. In the Jutland Universe, United Earth commonly has to invest heavily in space stations, planetoids, and asteroids before they see a return on their investment and the settlements become self sufficient; this includes manpower. A good source of colony administrators and workers is obviously discharged military personnel; hence United Earth often has generous incentives for personnel who volunteer to work beyond their discharge.

This is a fairly neat one; the symbolism and themes are obvious, but in a very classical and pleasant way. The Eighth Fleet is the fleet that Jutland serves in. Captain Obvious.

I always thought of United Earth as being an institution not above dehumanising (if you can dehumanise an alien, that is) it's enemies to try to keep morale up. Whether the crimes that the Cretin are accused of in this are true or not, I leave up to the viewer to decide.

Since Jutland's Marines use the same armour as ODSTs, I just threw caution into the wind and used this. Revanchism and pride form a potent combination; and it stirs images of heroism up that the marines would likely want to see themselves in possession of. A bit amateur, but oh well.

This one doesn't have the emblem on it; making the reader wonder if it's an officially sanctioned poster or not. I love the minimalist design of this, myself.

This is a cross-branch recruitment poster. The United Earth Army is an institution that's charged with ground-based planetary defence, ie, they're the people who garrison colonies and settlements. They accept less fit, and older people; making former naval and marine personnel perfect candidates to advertise to. The fact that this is the boy from a very famous photograph is intentional; it makes the reader think about the sincerity of the message.

The UE emblem. You're free to use this template to try to make your own artwork; and see if you can accomplish the easy task of bettering myself.

Last edited by CosmicCommander on Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vedicardi
Petty Officer Second Class

PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:58 am

Quote :
i feel font choice here is a bit poor
also why would you put a recruitment poster on a ship already full of, well, recruits? Am I missing something
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CosmicCommander

PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:00 am

Very well could be; I just didn't know what else could fit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vedicardi

PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:02 am

Well it's supposed to strike fear so I would say something stronger. The ways the letters are all different sizes gives it a childish feel. same with the red poster when I look again, though that may not be the font?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CosmicCommander

PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:07 am

vedicardi wrote:
Well it's supposed to strike fear so I would say something stronger. The ways the letters are all different sizes gives it a childish feel. same with the red poster when I look again, though that may not be the font?

That is true. I think it's in the font, although it shouldn't be.

E: Here are some updated versions.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elitesweets

PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:47 am

this obviously wouldn't be on the ship
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vedicardi

PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:51 am

Updated versions look much better, thought the choice of just white and brown for the last of the group, Cosmic, feels pretty weak, font aside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Propaganda   

Back to top Go down

Propaganda
Page 1 of 1