Jutland! Space times.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jutland! Space times.

Do stuff in space.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumour: "Some say the bird isn't actually a pilot."
Episode 4 is Today
RUMOUR: "Speaking of feathers, there's been a sudden increase in the amount of feather pillows available. Weird"
Rumour: I hear Cortez has the penguin's sidearm stashed away somewhere.

<:: CPO. Scott J. Norman's personal logs ::>

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. Weird
Petty Officer First Class
Dr. Weird

<:: CPO. Scott J. Norman's personal logs ::> Empty
PostSubject: <:: CPO. Scott J. Norman's personal logs ::>   <:: CPO. Scott J. Norman's personal logs ::> I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 7:13 am

<:: Personal Logger Activated
<:: Insert Name: S.Norman
<:: Insert Password: **********
<:: Logged in: S.Norman
<:: Welcome back, "Scott"

<:: Begin Entry 23:

EMMI had me running around practically the whole ship tracking down this power fluctuation. The problem ended up being improper wiring insulation. But...that doesn't explain why it was moving from the cargo deck to the supply room, for some reason. I think she just likes to see me yelling in confusion. Maybe.
Whatever. The case is that whoever put in half the wiring is a complete amateur, or something is wearing away the wiring. Have to find out what it was soon, before we get more incidents like this.

Not bad for a day's work.
Back to top Go down
Decibelle
Petty Officer Second Class
Decibelle

PostSubject: Re: <:: CPO. Scott J. Norman's personal logs ::>   <:: CPO. Scott J. Norman's personal logs ::> I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 12:48 pm

Norman, can you check that your repair job was correctly logged in the system - and the initial installation was, as well? We've been having issues, and while it doesn't explain the power fluctuation and its movement, it might explain improper installation in a way - lack of maintenance, perhaps, or the job not being properly logged and checked.

- Vale
Back to top Go down
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

PostSubject: Re: <:: CPO. Scott J. Norman's personal logs ::>   <:: CPO. Scott J. Norman's personal logs ::> I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 7:48 pm

Yeah, I have EMMI reminding me every two seconds about the logging, so no worries about that.

- Norman
Back to top Go down
Decibelle
Decibelle

PostSubject: Re: <:: CPO. Scott J. Norman's personal logs ::>   <:: CPO. Scott J. Norman's personal logs ::> I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:11 pm

I suggest you look into that, by the way. EMMI's programming and behavior reproduction is fairly advanced; I don't trust its advancement to continue unhindered.

- Vale
Back to top Go down
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

PostSubject: Re: <:: CPO. Scott J. Norman's personal logs ::>   <:: CPO. Scott J. Norman's personal logs ::> I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:26 pm

I'm an electrician, not an AI programmer. Ask one of them.

- Norman
Back to top Go down
Decibelle
Decibelle

PostSubject: Re: <:: CPO. Scott J. Norman's personal logs ::>   <:: CPO. Scott J. Norman's personal logs ::> I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 11:55 am

We don't have one, and it's way above my clearance. I know coding, though. Clear me for it and I'll take a look. Need something that'll keep me to the lab, anyway.

- Vale
Back to top Go down
Church:D
Server Adminstrator

PostSubject: Re: <:: CPO. Scott J. Norman's personal logs ::>   <:: CPO. Scott J. Norman's personal logs ::> I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 4:36 pm

Access to my processors is heavily restricted. Please direct all complaints and/or software update recommendations to my A.I. Technicians listed below.

PO1 | AI Technician | Aidan MacNamara
PO1 | AI Technician | Vilette Renault

Goodbye.
Back to top Go down
Decibelle
Decibelle

PostSubject: Re: <:: CPO. Scott J. Norman's personal logs ::>   <:: CPO. Scott J. Norman's personal logs ::> I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 12:05 am

(( They weren't rostered when I posted. ))

Great, we finally got a pair. I'm going to work on the roster when I get the chance, because I had no idea MacNamara worked on AI.

Thanks, EMMI.

- Vale
Back to top Go down
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

PostSubject: Re: <:: CPO. Scott J. Norman's personal logs ::>   <:: CPO. Scott J. Norman's personal logs ::> I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 5:00 am

<:: Begin Entry 24:

Well, Mara Rivers and I fixed a huge problem with Escape Pod #3. Turns out it wasn't maintained for about five months or something like that (I don't know the exact figures, bother someone else for that.), and a dime-sized hole had formed. When Mara opened the door to it, that turned into a much bigger hole. Nobody was hurt, though. The decompression managed to damage the door's locking mechanism and some electronics, so while Rivers fixed up the hull of the pod, I fixed the circuitry and wiring. The hull of it isn't completely fixed, we didn't have a proper sized plating, so we'll need to acquire one. It's stable enough for now, though.

This ship, argh. This ship.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

PostSubject: Re: <:: CPO. Scott J. Norman's personal logs ::>   <:: CPO. Scott J. Norman's personal logs ::> I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 11:26 pm

<:: Begin Entry 25:

Today...where do I begin? We picked up the package and the VIP, and...shit happened. Everything seemed fine as we were going into hyperdrive, and suddenly we stopped near a ton of Cretin ships. Everyone panicked, we try to turn the ship around as our shields are taking a number. A few hull breaches occur- not pretty in the slightest. We go down to the escape pods, strap in, and...pain. Everyone around me starts screaming- hell, even I start screaming and thrashing around. It was like the universe around me became one centered on anything and everything painful. The most wretched experience I've ever had. But we were safe. Most of us- Hassan died two feet away from me, from the pain I think.
I won't reveal any other details, probably shouldn't. But where we ended up, a cretin fighter ship ended up with us. One of them was dead, the other one is sitting in the brig- I personally had to make sure the birdie didn't run out of juice for his walking refrigerator suit. Not too difficult for me, though.
Anyways, now we have a cretin fighter ship in the Starboard Cargo Bay. I took a look at it with Mara, under command's orders, and we managed to disable everything harmful about it- explosives included- with the help of EMMI. Which also got us a good look at Cretin coding. Mara cracked her helmet by accident when one of the panels in the fighter flew out at her, unfortunately, but she seems to be fine after review. I'd hate to have seen what would have happened if she didn't wear the protective suit.

I thought I'd seen a lot in my time serving, but this. This is a whole new level.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Weird
Dr. Weird

PostSubject: Re: <:: CPO. Scott J. Norman's personal logs ::>   <:: CPO. Scott J. Norman's personal logs ::> I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 5:19 pm

<:: Begin Entry 26:

Well, I'm not entirely sure what happened, but once again hell struck our ship. ONI going haywire trying to kill everyone with one of our guys, first by trying to wipe EMMI then by just shooting people. Didn't help that the Cretin had a deadman switch that blew up parts of the ship when someone decided it'd be smart to put it into stasis. I...I can't write much about this. I had to drag Aidan to the medical bay, and...yeah. It's too much. I'm an electrician, I didn't expect to see someone I thought was on our side shooting us up. Anyways, Aidan got stabilized and all that, had me fix up the AI core with [redacted]. It's pretty experimental, but I know the concepts and principals behind everything better than I know the back of my hands.

One of my short ones, but...hell. I'd say chances of surviving long enough to get back home are pretty damn slim.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: <:: CPO. Scott J. Norman's personal logs ::>   <:: CPO. Scott J. Norman's personal logs ::> I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

<:: CPO. Scott J. Norman's personal logs ::>
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jutland! Space times. :: Jutland :: UEN Database-
Jump to: