Jutland! Space times.

Do stuff in space.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Rumour: "Some say the bird isn't actually a pilot."
Episode 4 is Today
RUMOUR: "Speaking of feathers, there's been a sudden increase in the amount of feather pillows available. Weird"
Rumour: I hear Cortez has the penguin's sidearm stashed away somewhere.

Share | 

<:: Waste Manager's log

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rahka
Petty Officer Second Class

PostSubject: <:: Waste Manager's log   Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:26 pm

<:: Personal Logger Activated
<:: Insert Name: Sampo Pellervoinen
<:: Insert Password: *************
<:: Logged in as: Sampo Pellervoinen
<:: Welcome back, "Sampo"

<::Inserting Data Entry "Log 3 - SP"
<:: Entry transferred, displaying:

Log 3.

Removed a slight clog from the cantina waste recycler today. Someone seemingly did not enjoy what was on the menu today, seeing as it looks like the whole meal was just tossed into the recycler along with what seems to be a... Shoe. Or what's left of it. Well, can't say I haven't come across stranger sights.

Other tasks for the day included cleaning the "sanitation facilities", (someone has a poor aim) and cleaning the storage facilities while tossing out some broken bits from some of the surplus gear that had fallen out from one of the smaller containers (seriously, why do we even keep parts around that clearly have outlived their life and are covered by dust). I have a feeling that the storage facilities will become increasingly dirty during this assignment.

Managed to visit the observation deck as well while I was unclogging the recycler. As I took a gaze into the space beyond, I just couldn't help but to think that whatever the reason why we are kept in the dark in regards of our mission, it might just bring with it some form of trouble. Then again, I am just the janitor as they say so it isn't really my place to question where we go and what we do. As long as I get my pay at the end of the day, I'll keep my questions to myself.
Perhaps to these logs as well.

<::Entry saved
<::Logging out...

Last edited by Rahka on Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rahka

PostSubject: Re: <:: Waste Manager's log   Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:00 pm

<::Inserting Data Entry "Log 8 - SP"

Log 8.

How in the name of the old country of Finland have I managed to keep myself alive.

First the Cretin ambush not even a hour after we had departed Fate. Then that avian managed to have infiltrationwhatnot aboard her fighter. His fighter? Or is it a Hermaphrodite... Hmh. My grandfather would have known better. After all he was one of the first men to map out the bacterial strains found on the moons of Jupiter. I bet he would be most displeased with me if he were still alive. Never should have left to Duskstar on his retirement days, poor bastard.

I digress. Again. Droids or whatever they were go boom from what I heard or rather felt yesterday. Suddenly the marines are rounding people up, there are two captains and shit hits the fan in deck 4. Deck 5? Where ever the AI core is located. Not my business to know.
Not sure if it was the droids going kaboom or the earlier ambush, but the watertank was ruptured. During a "normal" situation I WOULD have gone to check the situation out and possibly even fix it or take part in the repairs. After all, it is recycled and filtered piss, sweat, what not. I wonder if they even remembered to check the filters on the main piping leading to the watertank. And who the hell thought that it was a good idea to implement that tank inside the wall so that it might just leak out into space?!

Argh. In any case, this one security officer visited the smaller storage for surplus and what not just moments before the explosion. Wonder if he is alive. Without him, without that crate being slightly dispositioned, I am more than certain that the marines would have had their way with me. Or at least rounded me up. I have no idea and I am glad that nothing of the sort happened. Heck without that lad I might be dead or worse. If being in a worse condition than dead is really a valid option.

Eight hours after hiding I decided to go take a look around the ship. Stayed clear of marines, visited observation deck, kept a low profile. A planet filled with ice is near us and I think they are going to refuel with fresh, pure water.
Then again I can't be sure if that is actually a cretin controlled planet. No signs of orbital armada though, nor was I able to spot any traces of rundown areas fit for living. But what if it is a trap. And even if it is not a trap, then what if the ice contains some form of bacteria in it that we ain't vaccinated against.

Unknown locations always hold secrets, like my father used to say and his father before him. For once I hope they are not right.

Last edited by Rahka on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CosmicCommander
Narrative Development Administrator

PostSubject: Re: <:: Waste Manager's log   Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:21 pm

I'm loving this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rahka

PostSubject: Re: <:: Waste Manager's log   Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:40 am

<::Inserting Data Entry "Log 8 - SP"

Log 10.

Ukko, Akka, Louhi and Loviatar. This is not fucking happening. I wish we would be closer to home already. I think that will never happen now.

So we landed. We started mining ice. Then I see that one of our vehicles carrying poor Captain and some of those damned traitors scurries past us. I managed to overhear another small team mining ice next to our spot that the vehicle and those aboard were going to secure the pod and those inside it.

Stupid, stupid, STUPID! Why couldn't they see, why couldn't they just have abandoned all hope about rescuing those traitors, why did they even choose to rescue them! Stupid idea with even worse consequences!

Kovalev will never change. That man is insane. His mind is twisted, it is perverted beyond belief, and that female Cortez or whatshername just goes as Kovalev orders her! Bleeding lapdog.

It isn't safe aboard Jutland. I don't know what will happen next. Will they try to bend that Doctor we picked up from Fate to their plans that I wish to be no part of, to their will? Will they try to use the device in order to take down cretin fleets alone, heck, cretin controlled planets even if we come across any? I don't know. I really don't know.

I ain't sticking around nor near any of those marines. I see one of them, I run. Heck I'll be glad to use the larger ventilation shafts to get around if it means that I can avoid running into those bastards. Still, running might not save me if they decide to open fire. But avoidance is the best plan of action right now.

Because there will be blood. There will be blood and it will not be Cretin blood though I am sure that Kovalev wants to put an end to that creature. It will be human blood. But Kovalev can't stand triumphant forever. His blood will run down to the ground eventually, the blood of those around him that worship him like some sick, twisted idol, no, a god of sorts, will also see their heartblood spurting out. And when his blood will run, when the blood of those loyal to him will run, it will be putrid, thick and contaminated with madness.

Because that's how it looks to me currently. Kovalev is mad. Cortez is mad. And no one dares to do anything because they have the weapons. But the crew is just as anxious, even more anxious than marines or Cortez. Someone will find a weapon. Someone will open fire towards the marines. And then we will have all hell loose aboard the ship.

But that one woman or man isn't going to be me, oh no. If we ever intend to see another planet, if we ever intend to get home, even with one third, no, a fifth of the crew still alive if firefights break out, then I have to keep the basic waste functions working. I need to make sure that the water tank repairs hold, that the water is not contaminated. But I ain't a biologist like my grandfather nor do I have the necessary equipment to check the bacterial levels. If I ask EMMI, others will know and then there will be questions about my loyalty or some other weird shit.

Just gotta keep my head down and cool, watch for the marines, try not to do anything stupid besides writing these logs, and trust that the waterfilters will work.

Oh. And start crypting this.

<::First Time Crypting (FTC) sequence iniciated
<::Crypting protocol in use:
<::Message encrypted. Crypt previous, uncrypted entries? Y/N
<:: Crypting previous messages...
<::Encryption completed. Enter decryption key: *******************
<::Decryption key saved.
<::You can now view the contents of this device by providing the decryption key.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: <:: Waste Manager's log   

Back to top Go down

<:: Waste Manager's log
Page 1 of 1