Jutland! Space times.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jutland! Space times.

Do stuff in space.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumour: "Some say the bird isn't actually a pilot."
Episode 4 is Today
RUMOUR: "Speaking of feathers, there's been a sudden increase in the amount of feather pillows available. Weird"
Rumour: I hear Cortez has the penguin's sidearm stashed away somewhere.

Jutland Questionaire

Go down 
+7
ShadowDragon
Faust
Dr. Weird
Grif
Isaac23
Vorti
CosmicCommander
11 posters
AuthorMessage
CosmicCommander
Narrative Development Administrator
CosmicCommander

Jutland Questionaire Empty
PostSubject: Jutland Questionaire   Jutland Questionaire I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 3:54 pm

Howdy everyone! How're you doing? No, don't answer me, it's a rhetorical question you philistines!

Here's a questionnaire I want you to PM/Post. If you don't I'll find you and hurt you.

Quote :
Do you enjoy Jutland RP?:

Why?:

What's the biggest obstacle to Jutland RP?:

What's Jutland RP's greatest strength?:

What's Jutland RP's greatest weakness?:

If you suddenly could make one big change to Jutland, what would it be?:
Back to top Go down
Vorti
Petty Officer Third Class
Vorti

PostSubject: Re: Jutland Questionaire   Jutland Questionaire I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 3:55 pm

Do you enjoy Jutland RP?: no

Why?: cosmic's here

What's the biggest obstacle to Jutland RP?: cosmiccommander

What's Jutland RP's greatest strength?: me

What's Jutland RP's greatest weakness?: cosmiccommander

If you suddenly could make one big change to Jutland, what would it be?: ban cosmiccommander
Back to top Go down
Isaac23
Petty Officer Second Class
Isaac23

PostSubject: Re: Jutland Questionaire   Jutland Questionaire I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 4:20 pm

Vorti wrote:
Do you enjoy Jutland RP?: no

Why?: cosmic's here

What's the biggest obstacle to Jutland RP?: cosmiccommander

What's Jutland RP's greatest strength?: me

What's Jutland RP's greatest weakness?: cosmiccommander

If you suddenly could make one big change to Jutland, what would it be?: ban cosmiccommander

Do you enjoy Jutland RP?: Yes

Why?: It's better than the alternative, TnB's TRP.

What's the biggest obstacle to Jutland RP?:
Getting past the fact everyone has a super-badass character.

What's Jutland RP's greatest strength?:
The dramatic roleplay scenes are the best I've seen on Gmod.

What's Jutland RP's greatest weakness?: Super-hardass characters.

If you suddenly could make one big change to Jutland, what would it be?: More alien encounters / Space Yeti's.
Back to top Go down
Grif
Grif

PostSubject: Re: Jutland Questionaire   Jutland Questionaire I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 4:30 pm

Do you enjoy Jutland RP?: Hell yes.

Why?: It's like all the best Sci Fi molded together.

What's the biggest obstacle to Jutland RP?: Infighting

What's Jutland RP's greatest strength?: The setting and some of the players, the crew.

What's Jutland RP's greatest weakness?: Certain people

If you suddenly could make one big change to Jutland, what would it be?: More alien encounters / space yetis / action for Marines. Yes I fully realize we can't always have action and run around shooting things, nor do I wish it to be that. I just kinda wish we had seen actual combat by now, preferably against the Cretins, since we've had two major events and I haven't even fired a single round. Also, I'm not exactly fond of the being lost at space thing. Kinda getting old. I say keep it for a while then return us to space and join the war against the Cretin.

Last edited by Grif on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr. Weird
Petty Officer First Class
Dr. Weird

PostSubject: Re: Jutland Questionaire   Jutland Questionaire I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:14 pm

Do you enjoy Jutland RP?: Thoroughly.

Why?: It has an overarching, forward plot rather than pure player-driven plot, like that of tnb's hl2rp and such.

What's the biggest obstacle to Jutland RP?: Differing timezones for people who play on it.

What's Jutland RP's greatest strength?: The setting.

What's Jutland RP's greatest weakness?: Vance's martian snake...;-;

If you suddenly could make one big change to Jutland, what would it be?: Space zombies?
Back to top Go down
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Jutland Questionaire   Jutland Questionaire I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:03 pm

Do you enjoy Jutland RP?: Yes.

Why?: It's original, unique, and fills a niche that nobody else has successfully filled.

What's the biggest obstacle to Jutland RP?: Timezones.

What's Jutland RP's greatest strength?: The politics.

What's Jutland RP's greatest weakness?: The genre.

If you suddenly could make one big change to Jutland, what would it be?: The biggest problem with Jutland RP is, in my opinion, is also one of its biggest strengths: its setting. Its setting is unique, original, colorful- and also completely open to interpretation. The issues this causes are myriad: people disagree on specifics like what temperature it is; admins disagree on what the next thing to introduce should be (an ancient alien race or ice worms?); and most roleplay is generated by the people who can make things up the best. Given that it's set in the future with a backstory that doesn't cover everything (and it can't, really- not without being too much to handle), this is really an issue that's fundamental to all types of science-fiction RP- not just Jutland RP. It can work both ways - it gives people the opportunity to play along with the ideas of others as well as make up their own bits of the story - but all too often, the roleplay becomes based around the few people who have the power to back up what they come up with (the admins) or the influence to make other people play along, leaving the "followers" out in the cold. This creates an atmosphere where people are jockeying for power- not just in the game, but outside of it as well, as nobody wants to be wrong.

That didn't really answer the question, so here's my take: make a list of information/gadgets/history that people can add to, so we can use it as sort of a universal encyclopedia. That way, people have a repository of stuff to draw on, the admins don't trip over themselves trying not to contradict each other, and the universe is kept consistent within the roleplay.

If you roleplay to shoot things, you're gonna have a bad time.
Back to top Go down
ShadowDragon
Developer
ShadowDragon

PostSubject: Re: Jutland Questionaire   Jutland Questionaire I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:06 am

Do you enjoy Jutland RP?: Kinda.

Why?: Because I quit TnB and honestly I've had nothing to do. But still, this is better than anything there.

What's the biggest obstacle to Jutland RP?: Timezones.

What's Jutland RP's greatest strength?: The plot.

What's Jutland RP's greatest weakness?: Behaviour of certain users.

If you suddenly could make one big change to Jutland, what would it be?: A new map and gamemode.
Back to top Go down
https://jutland.forumotion.com
The End
The End

PostSubject: Re: Jutland Questionaire   Jutland Questionaire I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 9:08 am

Do you enjoy Jutland RP?: For the most part.

Why?: Mainly the setting. There's also a lot of interesting RP that takes place on the server.

What's the biggest obstacle to Jutland RP?: Infighting within the administration (and other people in positions of power), inconsistent lore, and low server population during non-event hours are the main obstacles for Jutland in my opinion.

What's Jutland RP's greatest strength?: It's setting, plot, and player created incidents.

What's Jutland RP's greatest weakness?: Basically touched on this in the obstacle part, but it can all pretty much be summed up by people in positions of power not communicating well enough/disagreeing with each other. This is especially troublesome when brought into RP.

Also something to take into account is that while passive RP is great, I think people expect more with the episode events. I personally didn't mind the last one, but I heard several people saying that walking around and cutting ice wasn't exactly fun and I can see where they are coming from.

If you suddenly could make one big change to Jutland, what would it be?: More small things during non-event times to keep people involved on the server. I know I'm an event coordinator and can do some of this myself, but I find myself afraid that I'll mess up plans for the server. Perhaps a board should be made for event coordinators where things of this sort can be discussed, possibly implement a list of things that can be done on the server which coordinators can work towards.
Back to top Go down
JGar
Crewman
JGar

PostSubject: Re: Jutland Questionaire   Jutland Questionaire I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 10:35 am

Do you enjoy Jutland RP?: Yes, but I think it can be improved on.

Why?: It has an interesting, in-depth setting and an interesting plot, however it seems to me that it is being controlled primarily by admins, with the players' actions have little to no real impact.

What's the biggest obstacle to Jutland RP?: The fact that the players' actions seem to have no impact on the plot.

What's Jutland RP's greatest strength?: Interesting setting and plot.

What's Jutland RP's greatest weakness?: Other people have already said this, but the admins aren't always on the same page during events. Also, maybe this is just me, but my role as a player feels more on the sideline than involved in the action. For example, during the Episode 2 event, while I got to go along with the caravan to seize Kovalev, my presence, along with other crew members', seemed to be unimportant. The main action during the event was between Kovalev, Cortez, and Lewananananadowski (sp.). While some level of admin control over the plot is necessary, the near-total control that admins demonstrate here coupled with the fact that there is never any roleplay outside of events leads to a level of player participation that is too low.

If you suddenly could make one big change to Jutland, what would it be?: More player control of the plot and passive roleplay during non-event times.
Back to top Go down
DrJTheo

PostSubject: Re: Jutland Questionaire   Jutland Questionaire I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:33 pm

Do you enjoy Jutland RP?: It has its moments.

Why?: I don't like the way that the administration has handled itself over the course of the last few weeks, but Jutland is worthwhile despite that due to the fact that the quality of the servers roleplay is generally higher than you might find elsewhere. I think there are two dominant schools of thought in GMOD roleplay at the moment, if we exclude the various light/dark roleplays, those being roleplays with an overreliance on factional systems and RPG mechanics, and those that have risen to the point of truly viewing roleplay as a collaborative story-writing experience, with less emphasis placed on such archaic and unrealistic systems. Thankfully, Jutland falls into the latter pile most of the time.

What's the biggest obstacle to Jutland RP?: Internal bickering within the administration, and the status of ONI-Crew relations.

A) It's obvious enough to an observer that the balance of power within the administration is a little off at the moment.

B) The current state of ONI-Crew relations seems to be presenting itself as an impasse that we need to quickly maneuver around so that we can resume normal day to day roleplay. I do not think that ONI should be left in control of the ship indefinitely, but I do think it would be interesting to try, yet again, to find middle ground between our two micro-factions through the introduction of a major event that would force us to work together again. I think it's likely that a couple of people may need to die on each side to facilitate such a merger, but the final outcome would likely be the healthiest.

What's Jutland RP's greatest strength?: Excellent roleplayers for the most part.

What's Jutland RP's greatest weakness?: Mostly the things that I listed as obstacles.

If you suddenly could make one big change to Jutland, what would it be?: I would probably take steps to rectify the issues behind some of my grievances, and I would also attempt to implement a system for mid-week events as alluded to by The End.
Back to top Go down
CosmicCommander
Narrative Development Administrator
CosmicCommander

PostSubject: Re: Jutland Questionaire   Jutland Questionaire I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:24 pm

Let me just tell everyone their input is very useful, and it will definitely be used to enhance the Jutland experience. Keep the forms coming in, and even update them as you feel things change enough to warrant more comments. I'm getting in touch with some of you for further discussions.
Back to top Go down
Themodtester
Themodtester

PostSubject: Re: Jutland Questionaire   Jutland Questionaire I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:49 pm

Do you enjoy Jutland RP?: Aye aye, mon capiton

Why?: It's an unique and refreshing setting , maybe even a bit innovative.

What's the biggest obstacle to Jutland RP?: As stated above, the administration has a tendency to bicker among themselves for the most trivial of things at times.

What's Jutland RP's greatest strength?: Roleplayers, the episode sequences.

What's Jutland RP's greatest weakness?: The inactivity after the episodes.

If you suddenly could make one big change to Jutland, what would it be?: Make it a tad more active.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jutland Questionaire   Jutland Questionaire I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jutland Questionaire
Page 1 of 1