Jutland! Space times.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jutland! Space times.

Do stuff in space.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumour: "Some say the bird isn't actually a pilot."
Episode 4 is Today
RUMOUR: "Speaking of feathers, there's been a sudden increase in the amount of feather pillows available. Weird"
Rumour: I hear Cortez has the penguin's sidearm stashed away somewhere.

[Suggestion] Navy Exchange shop

Go down 
+5
Spartan 5150
2nd Object
Greene
Themodtester
Grif
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Grif
Petty Officer Third Class
Grif

[Suggestion] Navy Exchange shop Empty
PostSubject: [Suggestion] Navy Exchange shop   [Suggestion] Navy Exchange shop I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:15 pm

Exchange shops are small department shops in the military, usually on bases. They sell consumer goods. (wiki it, can't post links)

I was thinking the supply officer or someone else could set up a shop similar to this in one of the rooms opposite of the cantina with the counter. They don't have to sell crazy things, but I was thinking certain goods that would contribute to RP like cigarettes, cigars and lighters could be sold there, considering we're apparently allowed to smoke in the cantina.

Additionally, they could sell entertainment devices like small electronics, books, spare uniforms, sundries, etc. Also, since Marijuana is apparently legal and can be smoked off-duty, that as well. Profits would obviously go to the Navy.

I feel this would increase roleplay on the server somewhat, as we could obtain things without them magically appearing.

Comments? Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Themodtester
Petty Officer Second Class
Themodtester

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Navy Exchange shop   [Suggestion] Navy Exchange shop I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:17 pm

Got my support., Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Greene
Greene

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Navy Exchange shop   [Suggestion] Navy Exchange shop I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:17 pm

I think it'd be a neat idea. It'd certainly add roleplay.
Back to top Go down
2nd Object
2nd Object

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Navy Exchange shop   [Suggestion] Navy Exchange shop I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:23 pm

Obviously, the first concern is when the shop will be open and how many people will man it, but aside from that there's no problem. I'd rather enjoy the possibility of an open shop, and wouldn't mind manning it myself if a Quartermaster was too busy.
Back to top Go down
Spartan 5150

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Navy Exchange shop   [Suggestion] Navy Exchange shop I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:55 pm

I actually started taking into account those small luxuries last night when I was putting my list together. I pulled the Navy's actual Ship Exchange Store catalog to get an idea of what they stocked and it's being implemented.
Back to top Go down
Hoplite
Hoplite

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Navy Exchange shop   [Suggestion] Navy Exchange shop I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 4:00 pm

I like the idea also, similarly to all the others that have posted. Pretty much up to the supply/quartermaster to get it sorted, though, which I do hope they do!
Back to top Go down
ShadowDragon
Developer
ShadowDragon

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Navy Exchange shop   [Suggestion] Navy Exchange shop I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 5:09 am

I like the idea too, and this is definately a clear support from everyone. I SAY...

...I'm not the one to decide. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://jutland.forumotion.com
Dark_Knight
Narrative Development Administrator
Dark_Knight

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Navy Exchange shop   [Suggestion] Navy Exchange shop I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 9:39 am

Back to top Go down
Fr3aKaZ0!D
Petty Officer First Class
Fr3aKaZ0!D

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Navy Exchange shop   [Suggestion] Navy Exchange shop I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:26 am

I could manage this maybe. I don't know till I have tried this Smile
Back to top Go down
Grif
Grif

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Navy Exchange shop   [Suggestion] Navy Exchange shop I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 2:29 pm

Well, there's no way in hell I'm doing it. I just suggested it. I'd say go for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Navy Exchange shop   [Suggestion] Navy Exchange shop I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Suggestion] Navy Exchange shop
Page 1 of 1