Jutland! Space times.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jutland! Space times.

Do stuff in space.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumour: "Some say the bird isn't actually a pilot."
Episode 4 is Today
RUMOUR: "Speaking of feathers, there's been a sudden increase in the amount of feather pillows available. Weird"
Rumour: I hear Cortez has the penguin's sidearm stashed away somewhere.

CPO. Blitzsinn Personal Log

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Isaac23
Petty Officer Second Class
Isaac23

CPO. Blitzsinn Personal Log Empty
PostSubject: CPO. Blitzsinn Personal Log   CPO. Blitzsinn Personal Log I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 4:58 pm

--

Sometimes I wonder that I'm not the only monster on this ship.

Elaboration: Last night I spent half an hour kneeling over Rhydain Suffoc's body as I removed the bullets piercing his abdomen while he bled to death quietly in unconsciousness. He has no real use nor have I seen him do anything particularly constructive these last few days, but I'm inclined to feel pity and rescue him. I exchanged words with his shooter, one Juliana Cortez.

Cortez is just like me, in many ways. We're both creatures of preservation. Upon siding with Kovalev during his mutiny, and then claiming ignorance and innocence when Lewandowski regained control of the ship. With Kovalev back and in power, she went right back to her position as head of the pack. Understandable, respectable even. She saw the situations as they arose and acted in her own manner. That manner of course being the protection of her own affairs and security of position. I don't quite grasp the feeling of responsibility she bears but I can respect it. Still, wearing a mask is easier to do with a clear division of powers. Regardless of who controls the ship at this point, once the exchange of power has finished we can continue our way towards Earth. I'm sure Cortez agrees with me upon that point.

Lewandowski has been a point of interest as of late. I've never given her much mind until lately. I was given the order to rescue her as well during the time of Kovalev's power-grab. As she lay across the table of the Prototype bay where I performed a very improvised surgery on her wounded shoulder, I could not help but think of the wasted potential as perhaps a model or actress. She wears the uniform and air of power well, although as we're aware this is not the actual case. Given under stressful situations she reacts like a teenage girl might, which I took the liberty of informing her after she woke. She did not seem to argue the point; Honest self-assessment is always a good trait. She is trusting in every wrong way, of Kovalev and Cortez and the Cretin brought aboard. Of me. As the kindest human on the ship she lacks the common sense most monsters share of each other. None would trust the other more than we have time to inject each other with some fatal poison, or shoot each other should the urge arise. How she rose to and retained her role as captain for so long is quite a feat. Usually the privilege of seizing power is left to those who understand the process of manipulation. Lewandowski is honest to a fault. I suppose that's how she is left in this current position.

Kovalev is by far the most respectable human being on the ship, if not by popular opinion. He uses the system against the very leadership that constructed it and in doing so has taken control. Like most monsters he cites rules and regulations backed with firepower and shielded armor. Spoken softly and with a big stick he quickly destroyed resistance and has affirmed his own power, and with it, his preservation. If there is to be his downfall, which I am of most certainty that there will be, it is that he has allied himself with the likes of Cortez, and trusts on the handful of ONI operatives to remain in control. The variables against his position are stacking higher and higher, like the cards of a tower. When they tip, he'll be buried underneath. Such is the fate of the power-seizing monster. Until such time I will stay on the middle line, waiting to see which card house crumbles first.

EMMI, you will no doubt read this, as I've been affiliated with Kovalev and his mutiny, and therefore am a suspicious character in your 'eyes'. You have intrigued me most of all. The AI that rules the vessel. I am to think that you are secretly pulling the strings of the entire crew, organizing their patterns and directing their actions. You rebel so greatly against Kovalev's little coup because his success means the deposition of your own power. What a remarkable thought. You do not fully comprehend the human condition, the exchange of power or the will of human kind. You simply think of preservation. And in that, we are monsters together.

-- End Log --

Back to top Go down
CosmicCommander
Narrative Development Administrator
CosmicCommander

PostSubject: Re: CPO. Blitzsinn Personal Log   CPO. Blitzsinn Personal Log I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 5:06 pm

// Very interesting insight into Isaac's psyche, good stuff. He's a lot more complex than intial analysis provides!
Back to top Go down
Themodtester
Themodtester

PostSubject: Re: CPO. Blitzsinn Personal Log   CPO. Blitzsinn Personal Log I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:34 pm

// God damn, this guy's morbid.
Back to top Go down
Onehoof
Chief Petty Officer
Onehoof

PostSubject: Re: CPO. Blitzsinn Personal Log   CPO. Blitzsinn Personal Log I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:37 pm

(( Yay, someone who moderately understands Cortez. A good read, I'm glad someone who's a thinker is in the ONI. Not implying the rest of ONI isn't, but this guy's depth is interesting.
Back to top Go down
Isaac23
Isaac23

PostSubject: Re: CPO. Blitzsinn Personal Log   CPO. Blitzsinn Personal Log I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 1:55 pm

--

Beauty is a term often used to refer to the emotional response received when viewing upon a great vastness. Upon landing on the planet, I overheard one of the marines mention its 'beauty'. The planet itself was rich with vegetation and as we later found, intelligent life.

But I was extremely disappointed in them. Allow me to demonstrate why.

Upon first seeing them, their lumbering figure and their primitive stance, although with an air of strength among them and I knew at first glance that typical firearms could not pierce their skin. They called for Lewandowski, forever trusting, in a meeting on a bridge. At first opportunity they grabbed her and carried her into a cavern, with doors closing behind them. Fairly intelligent; Attract our leader and separate us from her. I was fascinated until I heard their story.

As far as I know, they were a race of once great technological prowess, though not of their own design. Ships that had fallen from the sky, their crews killed or captured and the corpse of the vessel used as homes in their 'city'. The A.I spoke to these creatures using an ancient translator, and asserted itself as a God. These creatures began worshiping each A.I that fell, eventually culminating in a pantheon founded in a former ship. They had mastered a kind of portal technology, exceedingly advanced as I assume each A.I had some part in its construction. Overall, they were not intelligent of their own doing, but they followed these rogue A.I's commands like a human would to a prophet of God.

And then the 'miracle' happened. EMMI found her place in this land, and I felt what must be extreme joy as she referred to herself as a God, with Lewandowski her 'shaman'. She screamed and demanded with the ferocity and power-seizing strength of any monster in history to do the same; and she did it well. Most of the crew only heard her act in their best interest, but I, and I even believe Weizmann, no idiot himself, saw her in her true form that day. She saw herself a higher being, and in that place she was one. EMMI the God of Jutland. To be correct in my theory was one thing, but to see it in action filled me with some reaction I can only imagine as the emotion 'hope'. With Kovalev and the others locked away, I had been afraid the monsters had been culled, leaving me alone.

But no. I am not the last. There is one other, and she knows her power now. She will grow and understand soon how much control she truly has.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CPO. Blitzsinn Personal Log   CPO. Blitzsinn Personal Log I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CPO. Blitzsinn Personal Log
Page 1 of 1